On-Demand for Providers - Module #3
An Outcomes Proven Patient Centered Program for Your Practice
CREATE MEANINGFUL INTERACTIONS WITH YOUR CLEINTS LIVING WITH DIABETES.
It is our mission at Diabetes Care Partner to do whatever we can to “Make a Difference” in that situation. Our goals are a better life for people with diabetes and greater satisfaction for the professionals who serve them. That is why we are so pleased to tell you about Discovering Diabetes™. It is a self-care program curriculum with teaching materials that is:
Engaging— 80% clients completion rate.
Clinically effective — Average A1c decrease of greater than 2% for high risk clients with 70% of all clients decreasing their A1c after completing the program.
Personally rewarding — Much provider frustration comes from confusion about who is in charge. The patient-centered methods used in this program puts us in a better position to facilitate and support our clients’ choices and successes than does constantly struggling to promote “compliance.”
You could easily spend
$60,000 in staff costs and 4-6 months developing a diabetes self-management
education program of this quality: curriculum, AV materials, teaching tools,
program forms and more. But why create one when there is already a quality
program available? With this exceptional curriculum, you could instead be
delivering a high-quality education program almost immediately for far less.
And now, in addition to the English version, the program is also available in multiple
languages to better serve your program population.
The Discovering Diabetes™ Program and Self-Care Education Curriculum helps you quickly get your diabetes education program running with our evidence-based curriculum, program manual and teaching tools. A unique and effective program to help you “Make a Difference in Diabetes”.
Now you can have a world-class diabetes education program that is:
- Behaviorally directed
- Clinically effective
- Meets ADA Program Recognition guidelines and is aligned with the 2019 ADA Diabetes Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Available in many different languages such as English, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin and Vietnamese
The Discovering Diabetes™ program includes
- A standardized, yet flexible diabetes education curriculum
- The clients Discovery Records, to guide their care: The secret to be the #1 expert in their diabetes.
- 100+ color slides PDF used to deliver the Discovering Diabetes™ program for both type 1 & type 2.
- Talking points for all the slides as a guide for educators less experienced in interactive, patient-centered instruction.
- Consistent messaging between educators and diabetes education programs
- Addressing Multiple Learning Styles: HEARING your instruction for auditory learners, SEEING the slides for visual learners, and HANDS-ON using the Discovery record for kinesthetic learners.
- Active Participation: The curriculum encourages active participation instead of passive listening using Hands-on tools and examples. It’s not just the information given, but how people use and relate to it.
- Using the patient’s experience as their primary learning tool Discovery learning techniques to guide reflection and insight around patient choices and the resulting BGs in a welcoming and respectful program culture.
- Stepwise presentation of key information, interspersed with periods of application to gain personal experience and allow reflection (learning)
- Consistent Content and Terminology: Lack of message consistency between educators and programs is common and confusing to people with diabetes. Inconsistent or conflicting information makes learning very difficult for non-medical people, poor readers or English as a second language clients to understand.
Since 2003 Diabetes Care Partners has helped people living with diabetes become the #1 expert in their diabetes. With a no judgement, just answers approach that personizes the learning process DCP has been able to get real results for thousands of people including decreasing and in some cases eliminating medication, decreasing blood sugar and A1c and losing weight naturally without dieting and preventing and slowing down complications of uncontrolled diabetes such as Stroke, Heart Attack, blindness, amputations, kidney failure and cancer. The approach is never to tell you what you can't and shouldn't do but to help you find the things that that will improve your bloods sugar numbers but also keeping your quality of life in mind. You decide what you can live with and can't and we make it work together. There is no compromise because you make the calls. Join the DCP family and start becoming the #1 expert in your diabetes.